Table of Content
- 1 How to Watch American Netflix in Singapore
- 2 [Quick Guide] 3 Best VPNs to Get US Netflix in Singapore in 2022
- 3 Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch American Netflix in Singapore?
- 4 Why Is American Netflix Content Not Available in Singapore?
- 5 3 Editor’s Choice VPNs Get American Netflix in Singapore
- 6 Can I Watch American Netflix in Singapore with a Free VPN?
- 7 Criteria for Choosing the Best VPNs to Watch American Netflix in Singapore
- 8 Benefits of Using a VPNs to Watch US Netflix in Singapore
- 9 List of ExpressVPN US Servers to Unblock American Netflix Library
- 10 Why is the American Netflix Library Blocked in Singapore?
- 11 Netflix America vs Netflix Singapore
- 12 Is Getting a VPN for Netflix Worth It?
- 13 Is it Legal to Use a VPN to Watch American Netflix in Singapore?
- 14 How Much Does Netflix Cost in Singapore?
- 15 What Are the Netflix Plans in Singapore?
- 16 What to Do if You Get a Proxy Error Message?
- 17 On What Devices Can I Watch American Netflix in Singapore
- 18 What Can I Watch on US Netflix in Singapore?
- 19 Unblock American Netflix in Your Country?
- 20 FAQs on American Netflix in Singapore
- 20.1 How can I watch American Netflix in Singapore?
- 20.2 How can I get American Netflix in Singapore for free?
- 20.3 Can I use the same account to watch US Netflix in Singapore?
- 20.4 What are the other platforms that I can stream in Singapore with a VPN?
- 20.5 Can Netflix detect VPN?
- 20.6 Can I share Netflix with family in another country?
- 20.7 How do I switch to US Netflix?
- 20.8 Is Schitt’s Creek on Netflix in Singapore?
- 20.9 How to get American Netflix in Singapore free?
- 21 Wrapping Up
Are you looking for a guide on how to get American Netflix in Singapore? We have one right here! All you need to have is a premium quality VPN connection.
We understand if your quench for a binge-watch is not fulfilled by your current media list. Plus, we wouldn’t even judge you because let’s be honest, the US library of Netflix is a haven for binge-watchers!
So, without further ado, let’s see how to subscribe to US Netflix in Singapore!
[Quick Guide] 3 Best VPNs to Get US Netflix in Singapore in 2022
- ExpressVPN: This is the fastest VPN for a buffer-free binge-watch. You can easily access 3000+ servers from 94 countries and 20+ location servers in the US. Its one-year plan also comes with a special discount, cutting the price to $6.67/month. Also, you get 3 extra months free on the purchase and a 30-day money-back guarantee!
- Surfshark: is the best affordable VPN to aid your budget savings. Without any difficulty, you can access 3200+ servers globally, including 20+ location servers in the US. In addition, a huge discount is up to grab on its 2-year plan, making the price $2.21 per month. Most of all, you get 2 months for free and a 30-day refund policy on its plan!
- NordVPN: It is a secure VPN for reliable streaming. Get access to 5000+ global servers, including 1970+ location servers in the US. As for the subscription plan, you can get a 68% off on its 2 year plan. This will reduce the price to a favorable rate of only $3.71 per month! Moreover, get the 30-day money-back guarantee on the purchase!
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch American Netflix in Singapore?
The American Netflix is the popular kid in school everyone wants to be friends with. But the only problem here is that the US library is unavailable to everybody outside the US.
Why is that?
Netflix has designed its application to cater to the audience’s needs. Hence, they created region-based libraries so that every country has a media list that they would love to indulge in.
Creating this system, they also introduced a major con: a country cannot access another country’s library.
Now, we all know how the US is a giant in entertainment. Hence, there is no doubt that its library will have a diverse list of popular shows, recent releases, and blockbusters that are not readily available in another library.
This is why you need a VPN.
Why should you not have access to everything on Netflix when you have paid for its subscription? Of course, the application has to follow the rules, but it doesn’t mean that you are also bound.
Why Is American Netflix Content Not Available in Singapore?
You may wonder why US Netflix is unavailable in Singapore.
Netflix is legally bound to honor its agreement with its broadcasting partners. The content distributors often stamp their content and restrict it to certain regions for copyright issues.
Since Netflix has purchased this content, it must honor the geo-restriction policies. This is why you will find that every country has a different library on Netflix.
If you are reading this secret for the first time, don’t be sad! You can use a premium VPN to bypass this digital barrier and access everything on Netflix. Yes, everything!
3 Editor’s Choice VPNs Get American Netflix in Singapore
But what VPN should I use to get American Netflix? Valid question, but it may have a lot of answers if you search this query on the internet.
Confused? Here, let us make it simple for you. We have narrowed down the list of tens of VPNs to the best three. How?
We put the VPNs under thorough testing and judged them based on their performance. So, pick your favorite and get its subscription!
Can I Watch American Netflix in Singapore with a Free VPN?
Yes. You can use a free VPN to stream the US Netflix library, but it is not what we suggest to our readers.
A free VPN may appear tempting, but it carries many security concerns on its back. The moment you use a free VPN, your web activity is under the spotlight. There is a constant set of prying eyes on your confidential information.
And if that isn’t enough bad news, the sources have claimed that it sells the users’ data to third parties.
Furthermore, the performance of the free VPN is not reliable either. It works on the first few tries, but the site recognizes you and eventually blocks you. So all that you are left with is an empty desire to continue your binge-watch.
We advise you to incorporate the discounted yearly plans of premium VPNs into your budget. They are far cheaper than the monthly subscriptions.
Criteria for Choosing the Best VPNs to Watch American Netflix in Singapore
How would I know which is the best VPN? True. But wait, there’s an easy solution to this tiny puzzle.
We compiled this list of the must-have features in a VPN to help you judge whether a VPN is good enough to do its job!
- A large number of servers provide hours of streaming without any interruptions.
- Fast-paced streaming in HD quality for a delightful binge-watch.
- Reliable and secure connection for a streamlined broadcast.
- Encryption for maximum security.
- Compatible with popular devices.
- Suited to connect with major streaming sites.
Benefits of Using a VPNs to Watch US Netflix in Singapore
Will a VPN allow me to watch US Netflix? Yes, you can stream the US library from anywhere in the world through a premium VPN.
But here is a bonus tip; the VPN offers much more than access to American Netflix. Read more to find all the benefits you get out of a VPN. Then, decide for yourself if it is worth your money!
- You can expect buffer-free streaming, thanks to the uncrowded servers of a VPN.
- Your privacy will be intact and your online profile anonymous.
- Easy to use as you can get access to restricted sites within minutes.
- Get through to all the restricted media libraries of any streaming platform.
- Stream all the live matches and the popular sports leagues without any hassle.
- The power of split-tunneling can hide your IP address from selected websites, ensuring a fast connection.
List of ExpressVPN US Servers to Unblock American Netflix Library
ExpressVPN is a recognized, top-ranked, and suggested VPN. But we will make your life easier by listing all the working servers of ExpressVPN that are compatible with Netflix. Have a look!
- USA – Tampa 1
- USA – Los Angeles 5
- USA – Dallas 2
- USA – New Jersey 3
- USA – Washington DC
- USA – Chicago
- USA – Miami 2
Why is the American Netflix Library Blocked in Singapore?
Netflix has strict agreements with its content distributors. Such policies restrict the content on Netflix to certain regions. You might call it unfair, but it is a matter of copyright issues.
Hence, Netflix has to abide by such rules. But that doesn’t mean you have to sit through this policy!
You can use a VPN to bypass the geo-restriction barrier and gain access to everything on Netflix from Singapore.
Netflix America vs Netflix Singapore
If we had to put the two Netflix libraries against each other, there would be a clear winner! That is, of course, the US library of the streaming site.
The American Netflix has 6000+ titles with more adding each day.
Moreover, it has a larger variety of content with huge hits featuring local and international entertainment, recent releases, exciting blockbuster movies, family-friendly films, and even thrilling Netflix originals!
The Singapore library has only 4000+ titles, and there is diversity in Singapore’s library, too, but it cannot beat the US library in comparison.
Is Getting a VPN for Netflix Worth It?
Getting a VPN adds more benefits to the user’s profile than just offering a good streaming experience. The VPN protects the individual by creating a private and anonymous online profile for him.
But if you ask, Does Netflix work better with VPN? Then, yes.
Because of the sole reason that you get access to everything on Netflix, from every country’s library to every show that Netflix has made, you can enjoy hours of worthwhile streaming!
Is it Legal to Use a VPN to Watch American Netflix in Singapore?
Yes, it is legal to employ a VPN to stream US Netflix in Singapore. There is no legal upholding against using a VPN.
However, you should take the current situation of your country into account along with the necessary laws and regulations in your region.
Will Netflix Ban Me for Using A VPN?
You have every right to be scared because what if Netflix bans you? All your streaming wishes will dissolve into an empty desire to binge-watch. You won’t be able to stream your country’s library, let alone the US Netflix.
But luckily, Netflix doesn’t ban users who take a little help from the VPN. The most that will happen is that you will get discovered and then blocked. Your access to American Netflix will encounter a barrier.
You can avoid all of this if you use a compatible VPN.
Does ExpressVPN work in Singapore for Netflix US? Yes, it does! That is what we were just going to advise; go for a premium VPN!
Doesn’t Netflix Block VPN Users?
Of course, it does. Netflix has to stand by its legal agreement with the broadcasting partners.
Hence, to restrict people from streaming unauthorized content, they, too, developed a defense system. And kudos to them because they have been quite successful in their scheme of blocking VPN users.
But to block all VPN users is merely expecting too much from them. Why? Because blocking all VPN users is simply not possible. Millions of people employ a VPN, and Netflix doesn’t have the resources or time to find and block every single VPN user.
Plus, there are more methods to unblock the American Netflix, which gives another edge to the people who want to stream unlicensed content discreetly.
How Much Does Netflix Cost in Singapore?
Netflix in Singapore has three different pricing plans;
- Basic Plan – 12.98 SGD/month ($9.57)
- Standard Plan – 17.48 SGD/month ($12.89)
- Premium Plan – 21.98 SGD/month ($16.21)
What Are the Netflix Plans in Singapore?
Netflix in Singapore has 3 different pricing plans. Let’s look at the individual price of each plan and what features they offer to customers.
Basic Plan- 12.98 SGD/month ($9.57)
- You can stream only on one screen.
- You can store downloads on only one device.
- You can access an unlimited library of movies, TV shows, and mobile games.
- You can stream on any compatible device.
- Neither HD nor Ultra HD is available.
Standard Plan -17.48 SGD/month ($12.89)
- 2 simultaneous connections allowed at the same time.
- You can store downloads on two devices.
- You will have access to an unlimited library of movies, TV shows, and mobile games.
- You can stream on any compatible device.
- Only the HD version is available.
- 4 simultaneous connections are allowed at the same time.
- You can store downloads on four devices.
- You will have access to an unlimited library of movies, TV shows, and mobile games.
- You can stream on any compatible device.
- Both HD and Ultra HD versions are available.
What to Do if You Get a Proxy Error Message?
When a message like this pops up on your screen, it is called the proxy error.
“Whoops, something went wrong. Streaming error. You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
Why does this happen? Netflix has a defense system against VPN users; a VPN blocker.
It is quite effective and blocks the users who employ a VPN. Hence, people who get blocked see this error bumping their screens.
But how to fix the Netflix proxy error? Just follow these steps;
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Install the application and log in with your credentials.
- Connect to the desired country’s server whose library you wish to stream.
- Clear the cache and start streaming right away!
On What Devices Can I Watch American Netflix in Singapore
For Smart TV Users
1. Visit your Android TV app store and Find a VPN.
2. Click on Get VPN and download the app – We recommend using ExpressVPN.
3. Now Sign in with registered credentials.
4. Connect with a US-based Server.
5. Sign in for Netflix and get access to a whole new selection of shows.
Apple TV doesn’t support a VPN connection but wait, there is another way!
You can better connect your router with a VPN; in this way, it will get you to stream US content, even on Apple TV.
For Xbox Users
1. Pick VPN that is compatible with your router.
2. Install VPN and connect it with your router.
3. Look for a US server and connect your device with it.
4. Now look for the Netflix App on your Xbox & download it.
5. Cross-Check whether your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
6. Sign in to watch top-notch US content.
For iOS [iPhone/iPad] Users
1. Find a compatible VPN option that supports iOS.
2. Download VPN and set up an app on your device.
3. Now look for a US server to connect with it.
4. Sign in to your Netflix account and watch your favorite US shows online.
For Android Users
1. Download VPN on your Android device.
2. Set up a VPN on your android system.
3. Connect with the appropriate US server.
4. Log in to your Netflix account and start watching US content from anywhere.
For PlayStation Users
1. Get VPN that is compatible with your router
2. Set up a VPN and connect it with your router
3. Pick up US server and connect with it
4. Download Netflix App on your console
5. Make sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi
6. Sign in to watch top-notch US content
For Amazon Fire Stick Users
1. Search for the compatible VPN option on your Amazon Fire Stick. (We would recommend ExpressVPN for this).
2. Download & Set up a VPN on your Amazon Fire device.
3. Look for the US server and connect with it.
4. Sign in to Netflix and enjoy streaming the American Netflix in Singapore.
For Windows Users
1. First of all, download VPN on your windows.
2. Get into the installation process to set up a VPN.
3. Find an appropriate US server.
4. Log in to Netflix and start watching a load of US content.
For Roku Users
1. Install ExpressVPN and register your account.
2. Connect it with your Wi-Fi router.
3. Connect VPN to a US server.
4. Open Roku and set it up on your TV.
5. Click on Hulu and start streaming.
For Router Users
If you are using an Apple Tv that doesn’t support VPN, you need to connect the VPN with your router to watch all the restricted Netflix shows in Singapore.
You just need to follow these easiest steps:
1. Visit the router configuration panel.
2. Access the router’s IP address but first, insert the required information.
3. Look for the client tab at its top.
4. Follow your VPN client’s guidelines.
5. Make sure your connection is VPN-protected.
6. Enjoy your VPN router!
Netflix For Kodi
1. Download the Netflix add-on from here.
2. Open Kodi on your device.
3. Go to Settings by clicking on the “gear” icon in the top-left corner.
4. Go to Add-ons, now click on Install from zip file.
5. Navigate to the directory where you saved the Netflix add-on zip file and select it. Wait for the installation to finish.
6. From Kodi’s home screen, go to Add-ons and launch Netflix.
7. Select sign-in through email. Enter your Netflix email and password.
That’s it! You can now watch Netflix on Kodi.
What Can I Watch on US Netflix in Singapore?
What Netflix shows can’t be seen in Singapore? Here are a few US Netflix suggestions you can stream in Singapore.
Best TV Shows
- Arrested Development
- The West Wing
- Parks and Recreation
- Stargate SG-1
- Grey’s Anatomy
- Cobra Kai
- History of Swear Words
- Batman Begins
- I’m Thinking of Ending Things
- Julie & Julia
- Lady Bird
- Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
- The Wolf’s call
- The Heat: A Kitchen
- A Clockwork Orange
Unblock American Netflix in Your Country?
Since Netflix is an American streaming site, its US library has the biggest list of shows with more diversity than any other library.
Then, you can unblock hundreds of titles and stream movies that will keep you entertained for hours.
FAQs on American Netflix in Singapore
How can I watch American Netflix in Singapore?
You can stream American Netflix in Singapore anytime, using a premium VPN.
How can I get American Netflix in Singapore for free?
There is no free plan on Netflix. However, if you already have the Singapore Netflix subscription, you won’t have to pay anything to get the US library. On the other hand, if you are not an existing subscriber on Netflix, you will need to pay up.
Can I use the same account to watch US Netflix in Singapore?
You can use the same account to stream the US library in Singapore.
What are the other platforms that I can stream in Singapore with a VPN?
Can Netflix detect VPN?
Yes, Netflix has a strong system to recognize and block VPNs, especially free VPNs. However, if you employ a premium and compatible VPN, you can safely stream.
Yes! Anyone can use your account. But they will only be able to access their own country’s library unless they use a premium VPN.
How do I switch to US Netflix?
1. Subscribe to ExpressVPN and install its app.
2. Connect to a US server.
3. Download Netflix.
4. Stream anytime you want.
Is Schitt’s Creek on Netflix in Singapore?
No, Schitt’s Creek is not available in the Singapore library. However, you can stream the show from anywhere and anytime with a VPN.
How to get American Netflix in Singapore free?
You can get American Netflix for free as it won’t require you to pay additional cost to get American Netflix.
To sum it up, there is no need to worry about how to get American Netflix in Singapore anymore! The answer is right here, and, frankly, it is very easy!
So, subscribe to a premium VPN and make the chance of streaming US library possible, even in Singapore! The media hub at Netflix awaits your presence!