Table of Content
- 1 How to Watch Sling TV in Australia
- 2 Why do you need a VPN to access Sling TV in Australia?
- 3 Quick Overview – Best VPN to Watch Sling TV in Australia
- 4 What is Sling TV?
- 5 What content is on Sling TV?
- 6 Best VPNs to Unblock Sling TV Australia
- 7 How does a VPN Allows You to Access Sling TV in Australia?
- 8 How does a VPN bypass Sling TV?
- 9 Can I Watch Sling TV in Australia with a Free VPN?
- 10 How Much Does Sling TV Cost?
- 11 How to Get Sling TV Australia Without a US Payment Method?
- 12 Why is Sling Tv not available in your country?
- 13 What Channels Can I Watch on Sling TV?
- 14 What Devices Can I Watch Sling TV ON?
- 15 What to watch on Sling TV in Australia?
- 16 FAQs on Sling TV in Australia
- 16.1 How can I watch Sling TV in Australia?
- 16.2 Can I watch Sling TV on multiple devices at one time?
- 16.3 Does Sling TV work with VPN?
- 16.4 Can you create a Sling TV Account in Australia?
- 16.5 Can you bypass blackouts with a VPN on Sling TV?
- 16.6 Does Sling Require a Subscription?
- 16.7 How to Cancel Sling TV in Australia?
- 16.8 My VPN Doesn’t Work With Sling TV – What Can I Do?
- 16.9 Can I watch Sling TV while traveling?
- 16.10 Does Sling TV Works in Australia?
- 17 Conclusion
Is Sling TV available in Australia? Unfortunately, no, Sling TV is not available in Australia. But you can watch Sling TV in Australia with a premium VPN.
Using a premium VPN is the easiest hack to get through the geo-restricted site. But how? Keep reading to find out all about how to watch Sling TV in Australia.
Why do you need a VPN to access Sling TV in Australia?
Sling TV is geo-restricted outside US. If you access it in Australia, the following message will pop up instead of the streaming site,
“We’re Sorry. Sling TV is only available inside the US. Thank you for your interest.”
Now, this isn’t the time to give up. Instead, it is time to fight this battle, and a VPN can help you! It will make you the winner of the media library hidden on Sling TV and allow you a grand welcome into Sling TV.
So, is Sling TV region-locked? Yes, this is why you need a VPN. It is the only way to get you into the streaming site without any hassle.
Quick Overview – Best VPN to Watch Sling TV in Australia
- ExpressVPN: is one of the fastest VPNs to enjoy buffer-free streaming on Sling TV. By accessing 3000+ servers in 90+ countries, including 20+ servers from the US, you can stream the whole media library any time! Moreover, you can save up to 49% on its 1-year plan, charging a customer only $6.71/month.
- Surfshark: is an affordable choice for viewers who want to stream Sling TV in Australia. You can access around 3200+ servers in 65+ countries, including 20+ servers in the US. Watch high-quality shows at a low cost. In addition, a huge 82% discount on its 2-year plan is live, reducing the price to just $2.30 a month.
- NordVPN: is the largest VPN network and the safest option for streaming Sling TV in Australia. Through its subscription package, you can access 5000+ servers from 60+ countries, including 1900+ servers from the US. And with a huge discount of 68% on its 2-year plan, you only need to pay $3.71 a month.
What is Sling TV?
Sling TV is an American company that is the priority of many cord-cutters. It is an alternative to cable services that promotes all the live TV channels you see on your home screen.
But Sling TV is much better, cheaper, and comes with a larger media library. In addition, you can select which shows you want to stream with the customizable option Sling TV offers. This is the reason for its popularity as well!
Is Sling TV really free? No, it is not. It has two subscription plans but they cost less than the cable.
If you are a sports lover, you can add the sports channel add-on for a minimal charge and enjoy hours of live-action of your favorite team.
Similarly, the following extras are available;
- Comedy Extra $6 a month
- Kids Extra $6 a month
- News Extra $6 a month
- Lifestyle Extra $6 a month
What content is on Sling TV?
Sling TV is a mix of entertainment. Mainly, you will find live TV channels in its subscription. In this live package, you can get news programs that cover the daily dose of the latest happenings worldwide.
Moreover, top-rated movies, international shows, popular TV series, and kids’ entertainment can keep you busy for the whole month. Lastly, you can find the famous sports leagues going live on your TV screens under the Sling TV subscription.
Best VPNs to Unblock Sling TV Australia
Which is the best VPN to stream Sling TV in Australia?
There are numerous VPNs on the internet, saying that they are the best VPN. These options will only confuse your mind.
Here is an offer; see our list of top 3 VPNs which will fit your every need. Then, you can decide which one you want.
Key Takeaway: ExpressVPN is our top choice if you are still confused. It is the best VPN for fast and secure streaming.
How does a VPN Allows You to Access Sling TV in Australia?
How to watch Sling TV in Australia? The answer to your query is VPN!
Whenever you connect to the internet, your IP address goes online and gives away your location. Sling TV has an efficient IP tracking system to detect this IP address and spot the user’s location.
Once your location is identified, the website will block you. But the VPN comes in between this barrier and creates its ruse to trick the tracking system.
How does a VPN bypass Sling TV?
VPN bounces off the user’s location to the connected server, making Sling TV think you are within the US. Thereby, the barrier between you and your favorite shows no longer exists, all thanks to the VPN.
Can I Watch Sling TV in Australia with a Free VPN?
You can, but we will not recommend using a free VPN due to the security loopholes it creates.
A free VPN tracks your website activity, stores confidential information, and sells it to third parties. Would you want to use a free VPN again with such a secret out in the open?
Then, are there any cheap VPNs? If you are on a tight budget, you can use the discounted plans of various premium VPNs.
How Much Does Sling TV Cost?
Free 50-hour DVR is available on both subscriptions. However, Sling Orange only allows one screen while Sling Blue allows three screens to be simultaneously connected.
It has two subscription plans,
- Sling Orange – $35/month
- Sling Blue – $35/month
- Sling Orange + Sling Blue – $50/month
How to Get Sling TV Australia Without a US Payment Method?
You can use the VPN to get into the streaming site, but there will still be one barrier stopping you, getting the Sling TV subscription.
The hard thing about buying a Sling TV subscription is that you cannot pay via international methods.
The easiest fix would be asking a US friend to pay on your behalf. But not everyone has a friend in the US. Here is a way to subscribe to Sling TV in Australia for those people.
By PayPal Gift Card:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN and connect with the US server.
- Create a Paypal account.
- Go to the Paypal US Gift Card Store.
- Go to Categories > Arts & Entertainment > Sling TV > Purchase a gift card
- Redeem the gift card through your email address.
- Start streaming right away!
By Using US Virtual Prepaid Credit Card:
- Go to the StatesPay website and sign up.
- Create a virtual prepaid card in the US.
- Transfer the funds from any Visa or Mastercard.
- Subscribe to a premium VPN and log in.
- Connect with the US server.
- Open Sling TV, and you can now subscribe to its plan.
Why is Sling Tv not available in your country?
Sling TV is geo-restricted. It is only available in US, so it blocks any non-US resident who tries to access the site.
However, you can play a magic trick with a premium VPN and convince the site that you are a US resident. Thereby, your path to Sling TV will be crystal clear, and you can enjoy hours of streaming without anyone stopping you.
What Channels Can I Watch on Sling TV?
There are more than 200+ channels that come with the Sling TV subscription. You can expect a mix of entertainment, family-friendly news programs, kids’ shows, international shows, and sports on Sling TV.
Channels That Come With Basic Orange & Blue Plans
- Comedy Central
- Cartoon Network
- History Channel
- Disney Channel
- Food Network
- BBC America
- Tribeca Shortlist
- El Rey
- Travel Channel
- AXS TV
- Bloomberg Television
- Local Now
- HBO at $15 per month
- Showtime is $9 per month
- Cinemax $10 per month
- Starz $10 per month
What Devices Can I Watch Sling TV ON?
For Android Users
You can get Sling TV on your Android device by following these steps:
1. Subscribe to ExpressVPN and download its application.
2. Login with your credentials.
3. Connect with a US server.
4. Install Sling TV app.
5. Sign up to create an account.
6. You can now stream your favorites.
For iOS (iPad and iPhone) Users
To get Sling TV on your iOS device follow these steps:
1. Subscribe to ExpressVPN and install its application.
2. Log in and connect to any US server.
3. Now download Sling TV app from your Apple store.
4. Create a free account.
5. Start streaming Sling TV in Australia!
For Smart TV Users
Here are some steps to get sling TV on your Smart TV:
1. Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
2. Log in and connect with the US server.
3. Download the Sling TV application from your Smart TV.
4. You can now stream all the favorites.
For Apple TV Users
AppleTV does not support VPN software. You will have to install the MediaStreamer DNS to incorporate ExpressVPN. After doing that, follow these steps.
1. Go to the Apple App Store.
2. Download Sling TV.
3. Sign in and start streaming!
For Kodi Users
Follow these steps get Sling TV on Kodi:
1. Subscribe to ExpressVPN and get the software on your computer.
2. With the help of a USB, transfer the VPN software to Kodi.
3. to Settings > System Settings > Add-ons > Unknown Sources.
4. Install ExpressVPN through the software.
5. Log in to connect with a US server.
6. Get the Sling TV add-on too.
6. The library is yours to stream!
For Amazon Fire Stick Users
You can get Sling TV on your Amazon Fire Stick by following these steps:
1. Open your Firestick device.
2. Go to Apps > Categories > Utility.
3. Search for ExpressVPN and click on the “Get” option.
4. Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
5. Log in to connect with the US server.
6. Go to the Amazon App store and search for Sling TV.
7. Click on “Get” to start the download.
8. The media is now available.
For Chromecast Users
Get Sling TV on your Chromecast by following these steps:
1. Download the Sling TV app
2. Set up your account with your credentials.
3. Then, click on the Cast icon.
4. Select your Chromecast device.
5. You can now watch your content.
For Roku Users
Follow these steps to get Sling TV on your Roku device:
1. Setup ExpressVPN on your PC.
2. Transfer the setup to Roku.
3. Go to the Roku Channel Store.
4. Search for Sling TV and download it.
5. In the channel list, open Sling TV.
6. Start streaming the favorites on the platform
For Mac Users
To get Sling TV on your Mac follow these steps:
1. Download the ExpressVPN setup.
2. Set up the VPN.
3. Approve request to add VPN to your device.
4. Go to Safari.
5. Search for Sling TV’s website.
6. Once there, sign up and set up your account.
7. Start streaming.
What to watch on Sling TV in Australia?
Is your mind overwhelmed by the hundreds of suggestions on the streaming site?. To solve the puzzle about what to watch on Sling TV, we created a list.
Best Shows on Sling TV
- Two and a Half Men
- 2 Broke Girls
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Beach Hunters
- Cold Case Files
- The Graham Norton Show
Best Movies on Sling TV
- The Prestige
- A Better Life
- Nightmare Alley
- House of Gucci
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Sports Events to Watch on Sling TV
- La Liga
- Australian Open
- UEFA Futsal EURO
- NBA All-Star Game
- ICC World Cup
- Dakar Rally
- Africa Cup of Nations
How to Watch IPL on Sling TV in Australia
Cricket season runs all through the year. So if you are fond of the IPL, the Ashes, or the World Cup, you can stream it live on the Willow channel available on Sling TV.
However, to access Sling TV in Australia, you will need a VPN to help you bypass the geo-restriction barrier. Not a single match will be missed with a VPN to support you.
FAQs on Sling TV in Australia
How can I watch Sling TV in Australia?
You can easily watch Sling TV in Australia with the help of a premium VPN. Subscribe to its plan and connect with a US server to stream Sling TV in your country.
Can I watch Sling TV on multiple devices at one time?
It depends on the subscription you have chosen for yourself. Sling Blue allows 3 simultaneous connections on a single subscription, while Sling Orange only allows one screen on its single subscription.
Does Sling TV work with VPN?
Yes. Since Sling TV is only available in the USA, you will need the help of a premium VPN to unblock Sling TV in Australia.
Can you create a Sling TV Account in Australia?
Yes, with the help of a secure VPN, you can create a Sling account in Australia because it is not available outside the US.
Can you bypass blackouts with a VPN on Sling TV?
Yes, a VPN has multiple servers in a country. So, for example, if you face a blackout in your city, you can connect to another server.
Does Sling Require a Subscription?
Yes, there are two Sling TV subscription plans; Sling Blue and Sling Orange
How to Cancel Sling TV in Australia?
If you cancel on Sling TV, you will have access to the current billing cycle even after you have made the cancellation.
1. Go to the Sling TV website.
2. Log in to your account.
3. Go to My Account and select Cancel Subscription.
4. Confirm the details. You are all set with the cancellation process.
My VPN Doesn’t Work With Sling TV – What Can I Do?
Check to see if your VPN is compatible with Sling TV. If it is, restart the application, clear the cache, or reconnect with your WIFI router to continue streaming.
Can I watch Sling TV while traveling?
Sling TV is geo-restricted outside US. But with a reliable VPN, you can not only stream it from anywhere in the world, but you can also access it while traveling.
Does Sling TV Works in Australia?
No, Sling TV does not works in Australia but you can still watch Sling TV in Australia with the help of a premium VPN. Our recommendation is ExpressVPN.
So, that sums up our discussion on how to watch Sling TV in Australia.
We hope that we have cleared all of your queries. Now, the next step is to pick a show because the Sling TV’s library is all set to watch this weekend.