Table of Content
- 1 How to Watch YouTube TV in Australia
- 2 Video Tutorial – How to Watch YouTube TV in Australia with a VPN
- 3 Why do you need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia?
- 4 [Quick Overview] – Best VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in Australia
- 5 What is YouTube TV? Why is YouTube TV Restricted in Australia?
- 6 Best VPNs to watch YouTube TV in Australia 2022
- 7 How to choose the best VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia?
- 8 Can I watch YouTube TV in Australia with a Free VPN?
- 9 How Do You Make a YouTube TV Account in Australia?
- 10 Canceling a YouTube TV Subscription
- 11 What are the Different YouTube TV Packages?
- 12 How much does YouTube TV cost in Australia?
- 13 How do I bypass YouTube TV VPN detection?
- 14 How to Fix YouTube TV VPN/Proxy Detected Error?
- 15 YouTube TV Alternatives in Australia
- 16 What Devices are Compatible with YouTube TV?
- 17 List of Channels on YouTube TV
- 18 What to watch on YouTube TV in Australia?
- 19 Does YouTube TV have Original Shows?
- 20 Can you Trick YouTube TV Location?
- 21 How long do recordings stay on YouTube TV?
- 22 Can you skip commercials on YouTube TV?
- 23 How to Change Location on YouTube TV from Wherever You Are
- 24 What countries is YouTube TV available in?
- 25 FAQs on YouTube in Australia
- 25.1 Is YouTube TV available in Australia?
- 25.2 Does YouTube TV have a device limit?
- 25.3 Are there any free TV shows on YouTube TV Australia?
- 25.4 What is the downside of YouTube TV?
- 25.5 What is Smart YouTube TV?
- 25.6 What is family sharing on YouTube TV?
- 25.7 What new channels are coming to YouTube TV?
- 25.8 What is better Hulu or YouTube TV?
- 25.9 How do I switch between channels on YouTube TV?
- 25.10 When is YouTube TV coming to Australia?
- 25.11 Is YouTube TV a good deal?
- 25.12 What VPN works with YouTube TV?
- 25.13 How can I watch Freeview YouTube TV in Australia?
- 25.14 Is YouTube TV available internationally?
- 26 Conclusion
Is YouTube TV available in Australia? No, YouTube TV is not available in Australia. However, to unblock and watch YouTube TV in Australia you can take the help of a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
Video Tutorial – How to Watch YouTube TV in Australia with a VPN
Why do you need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia?
YouTube TV is a geo-restricted site that is only available in the US. Hence, when you open YouTube TV from Australia, your screen will show the following message;
It looks like you’re outside of the United States. YouTube TV is only available in the US.
You might get frustrated, but is that all you wish to do?
No! You can opt for a VPN and never see this message on your screen. How?
A VPN is a tool that can make it look like you are sitting in the US. Let’s break this down.
YouTube TV has a strong IP tracking system. The scent of your IP address is caught by this tracking system when you access it outside the US.
As a result, the streaming site recognizes you as an intruder and blocks you.
But with a VPN, you can spoof your location.
Hence, even if you are sitting in Australia, the server will bounce your location to the US, making YouTube TV think you are a US resident. So then, you can access the media hub without anyone following you.
[Quick Overview] – Best VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in Australia
- ExpressVPN: This is the fastest VPN for a buffer-free streaming experience. You can easily access 3000+ servers from 94 countries and 20+ location servers in the US. Its one-year plan also comes with a special discount, cutting the price to $6.67/month. Also, you get 3 extra months free on the purchase and a 30-day money-back guarantee!
- Surfshark: is the best cheap VPN to help with a tight budget. Without any difficulty, you can access 3200+ servers globally, including 20+ location servers in the US. In addition, a huge discount is up to grab on its 2-year plan, making the price $2.30 per month. Most of all, you get 2 months for free and a 30-day refund policy!
- NordVPN: It is a secure VPN for reliable streaming. Get access to 5000+ global servers, including 1970+ location servers in the US. As for the subscription plan, you can get a 70% off on its 2-year plan. This will reduce the price to a favorable rate of only $3.49 per month! Moreover, get the 30-day money-back guarantee on the purchase!
What is YouTube TV? Why is YouTube TV Restricted in Australia?
YouTube TV is a streaming platform and one of the first options for cord-cutters. It hosts all the recorded and Live TV channels you find on cable but does it one level better; you do not have to sign any contracts.
Yes, no commitments!
Moreover, you can make use of all the good features like recording your favorite TV shows and upgrading your media list to 4K quality. Plus, your whole family can share your account.
So, what channels are on YouTube TV?
You can access everything that you would normally get on cable plus certain additional channels that are popular amongst the crowd.
Best VPNs to watch YouTube TV in Australia 2022
After thorough testing, the following 3 VPNs stood out due to their overall performance.
How to choose the best VPN to watch YouTube TV in Australia?
How to choose the best VPN in 2022? That is tough if you don’t know what you are looking for!
But to make your problem easy, we decided to give you the must-have features of a VPN. So, you can get yourself a valuable purchase.
- High speed and high bandwidth for a fast-streaming experience.
- Allows multiple simultaneous connections.
- Provides a reliable streaming experience through a strong encryption system.
- Able to unlock all popular streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, Peacock TV, HBO Max, and others.
- It is compatible with all popular devices.
- A large variety of servers so you can access your desired location with adequate backups.
- 24/7 Live chat support to troubleshoot any potential problem.
- A risk-free money-back guarantee.
You can also see some additional features for an optimized experience; kill-switch feature, split tunneling, and your budget needs.
Can I watch YouTube TV in Australia with a Free VPN?
Yes, you can. But the use of a free VPN is never suggested.
Why? Are free VPNs not safe? No, they are not! Haven’t you ever wondered why some VPNs are free?
While they offer these services for free, you must know that these features require a lot of money and resources. Hence, if a company provides quality features without any charges, they are taking something else from you; your privacy.
Yes! News has claimed that a free VPN tracks your website activity, steals your personal information, and often sells it to third parties.
Plus, if you were to judge its performance, you won’t have a smile on your face either. Of course, you will get through the website on some lucky days.
But most days, a free VPN will either stop working or manage to give you a very slow streaming experience. Such that you would rather not use it again.
How Do You Make a YouTube TV Account in Australia?
How to create a YouTube TV account from Australia if it is only available in the US? Valid question.
YouTube TV does not accept international payments, so your concern is understandable. Fortunately for you, there are three different alternatives available;
Using a US PayPal account
- Go to the Entropay service and create your virtual card.
- Set up a PayPal account and transfer the necessary funds.
- Pay for the YouTube TV subscription.
- You are all set to stream!
Sign up with a US Debit Card
The easiest option to get a YouTube TV subscription is to ask a friend in the US to help you out.
You can request them to pay on your behalf or take their US debit card details to pay for the subscription yourself.
Using a YouTube TV Gift Card
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and connect with the US server.
- Get a gift card from eBay.com.
- Copy the code you receive on your email address.
- Sign up for a YouTube TV account.
- Paste the code in the billing information.
- You are all set up with the YouTube TV account.
Canceling a YouTube TV Subscription
Are you bored of YouTube TV? Was it not worth your time? No worries, just cancel the subscription!
What happens if I cancel the YouTube TV subscription? Once you cancel, you will still have access to the streaming site until your billing period ends. After the payment completes, you may still be able to access the recorded programs for 21 days!
But is it easy to cancel YouTube TV? Yes, it will take no more than 5 minutes. Let’s see how;
- Open the YouTube TV application or head to its website.
- Click on your profile photo/avatar.
- Go to Settings > Membership > Manage.
- Click on the Cancel membership option.
- Then tap on Cancel to confirm the process.
Key Takeaway: Did you know you can pause your YouTube TV subscription? Yes! But how to pause your YouTube TV account? Go to your Avatar > Settings > Membership > Manage > Select duration > Press Pause.
What are the Different YouTube TV Packages?
YouTube TV has only one subscription plan, priced at $64.99 (AUD 86.83). Here are some of the features you can expect;
- Six users access the account at the same time.
- 90+ channels on YouTube TV.
- On-demand shows and movies.
- Cloud DVR up to three devices.
- Live TV services.
How much does YouTube TV cost in Australia?
Unfortunately, YouTube TV is not available in Australia. However, if you buy its subscription through a VPN, it will cost you AUD 86.83.
How do I bypass YouTube TV VPN detection?
YouTube TV has a strong firewall, and it cannot just let any VPN pass through its IP tracking system. Hence, some VPNs are recognized by streaming sites like the free VPNs. However, when you use them, you are not given access to the media hub.
This is where the premium VPNs come into use. Through a compatible and premium VPN, you can bypass any barrier that YouTube puts up to prevent you from streaming.
How to Fix YouTube TV VPN/Proxy Detected Error?
Sometimes, you can’t get through when you access YouTube TV through a VPN. It may be because you are using a free VPN or your VPN is not compatible with the streaming site.
Instead, you can opt for any premium VPN and let it give you easy access to the streaming site.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Install the application and log in with your credentials.
- Connect to the desired country’s server whose library you wish to stream.
- Clear the cache.
- Continue streaming.
Read this for Further information about YouTube TV VPN Proxy detected Error.
YouTube TV Alternatives in Australia
- Hulu + Live TV
- Sling TV
- DirecTV Stream
- Apple TV
- BBC iPlayer
What Devices are Compatible with YouTube TV?
For PC Users
1. Download and install a premium VPN on your computer. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
2. Connect to a US-based server.
3. Go to the YouTube TV website and sign up for an account or log in.
4. If you’re still having trouble watching YouTube TV, delete your cookies and cache before logging in.
For Android Users
1. Download and Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
2. Connect to a server in the United States.
3. Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
4. Look for the YouTube TV app in the Play Store.
5. Download it and sign up for a free account.
6. YouTube TV is now available on your Android device.
For Amazon Fire Stick Users
1. Search for the compatible VPN option on your Amazon App store. (We would recommend ExpressVPN for this).
2. Download & set up a VPN on your Amazon Fire device.
3. Look for the US server and connect with it.
4. Sign in to YouTube TV and enjoy streaming the YouTube TV.
For PlayStation Users
1. Get VPN that is compatible with your router.
2. Set up a VPN and connect it with your router.
3. Visit the category of TV/Video Services
4. Check the list of alternatives, and find “YouTube TV”.
5. Choose “Get” from the drop-down menu.
6. YouTube TV has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Devices Users
1.Download a premium quality VPN we recommend ExpressVPN.
2. Setup VPN connection on your Router.
3. Go to the Xbox menu, and choose “My games & apps.”
4. Look for “YouTube TV” in the “Xbox Store.”
5. Now click the “Install” button.
6. And enjoy YouTube TV streaming.
For iOS (iPhone/iPad) User
1. Start by changing your Apple ID region to America in Settings > Network.
2. Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
3. Connect to a server in the US.
4. Look for YouTube TV in the Apple App Store.
5. Download the app and sign in to your account to start streaming YouTube TV.
For Windows Users
1. First of all, download a VPN on your windows.
2. Then, Get into the installation process to set up a VPN.
3. Find the appropriate US server.
4. Log in to YouTube TV and start watching a load of US content.
For Roku Users
1. Install ExpressVPN and register your account.
2. Connect it with your Wi-Fi router.
3. Connect VPN to a US server.
4. Open Roku and set it up on your TV.
5. Go to your device, select YouTube TV on the Roku home screen, and enjoy YouTube TV streaming.
For Smart TV Users
1. Download a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
2. Connect to a US-based server.
3. Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
4. Connect it to your VPN network.
5. Download the YouTube TV app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start streaming.
List of Channels on YouTube TV
- FOX News
- FOX Sport 1 (FS1)
- Fox Business
- Comedy Central
- Con TV
- Comet TV
- Court TV
- Disney Channel
- Disney XD
- Disney Junior
- NFL Network
- Law & Crime
- MTV 2
- Animal Planet
- Food Network
- Cheddar News
- Cartoon Network
- Adult Swim
- BBC World News
- Paramount Network
- Investigation Discovery
- Nat Geo
- NBC Universo
- NBA TV
- MLB Game of the Week
What to watch on YouTube TV in Australia?
What is good on YouTube TV? Is it worth it? After you have streamed these popular suggestions on the streaming platform, we will let you decide.
TV Shows on YouTube TV
- Saturday Night Live
- The Bachelor
- Wheel of Fortune
- This Is US
- Daytime Jeopardy
- Shark Tank
- Big Bang Theory
- The Office
- Law and Order
- The Equalizer
- Modern Family
Movies on YouTube TV
- The Outsider
- Jurassic World
Does YouTube TV have Original Shows?
No, but you can access the YouTube TV originals if you are a YouTube TV subscriber. Without any extra cost! Here are some of them;
- Weird City
- Best Shot
Can you Trick YouTube TV Location?
Yes, you can fake your location on YouTube TV through a VPN.
The streaming site has an IP tracking system that locates users. If they reside outside the US, it will block them.
But with a VPN, you can trick the system into thinking you are in the US. The VPN bounces off the user’s location to the desired country through a server. Hence, the person can get access through the streaming site.
How do I disable the location tracking services on my device?
Even when connected to a VPN, you may still not get through YouTube TV. Why? Because your location settings may be giving hints to the streaming site that you are, indeed, an intruder.
How to fix this error? See the guide below.
1. Go to Settings > Advanced.
2. Go to Privacy and security and select Site settings.
3. Under the Permissions tab, set the location to Ask before accessing.
For Windows 10
1. From the Start Menu, Select Settings.
2. Do a quick search for a location.
3. Select Location Privacy Settings.
4. You will see the location of the device. Turn it off.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Type location in the search box.
3. Turn off the Location.
1. Go to Settings > Privacy.
2. Turn the Location off.
How long do recordings stay on YouTube TV?
You can store your recordings for up to nine months. Yes, it is ample time, even if you wish to revisit these shows or movies. However, the only condition is that you keep paying as a member on YouTube TV.
If for some reason, you cancel your subscription, the recordings will only last up to 21 days.
Can you delete recordings on YouTube TV?
Yes, you can delete any show on the recordings list. Whether saving up space or adding new shows to your watchlist, you can simply tap on the show and click on the minus sign to remove it.
Can you skip commercials on YouTube TV?
Unfortunately, no. You will have to sit through the ads if you are a YouTube TV member. However, when watching your recordings, you can fast-forward them.
How to Change Location on YouTube TV from Wherever You Are
A VPN is a tool that can spoof your location. You can get a premium VPN and stream on the site for hours wherever you are in the world! Nobody.
FAQs on YouTube in Australia
Is YouTube TV available in Australia?
No, YouTube TV is unavailable in Australia, but you can access it through a VPN.
Does YouTube TV have a device limit?
Yes, you can stream YouTube TV on up to 3 screens at a single time.
Are there any free TV shows on YouTube TV Australia?
No, there aren’t any free shows on YouTube TV.
What is the downside of YouTube TV?
YouTube does not offer the offline downloads feature. Instead, you can store your downloads but cannot watch them without an internet connection.
What is Smart YouTube TV?
It is a free APK file that allows you to download YouTube TV on Amazon Fire TV and Android box without taking help from Google Play Services.
What is family sharing on YouTube TV?
The YouTube TV subscription allows family sharing on a group where 5 members can share your membership without additional charges.
What new channels are coming to YouTube TV?
Nothing is official yet, but there is news about weather channels and other networks being added to the YouTube Tv subscription.
What is better Hulu or YouTube TV?
YouTube TV offers live TV exclusively while Hulu is a streaming platform with a Live TV package available in its plans. If you are looking for Live TV services, then YouTube TV is the better option as it offers more than 90 channels.
How do I switch between channels on YouTube TV?
1. Log in with your credentials on YouTube TV.
2. Head to Settings > Live guide.
3. Reorder the channels as per your ease.
When is YouTube TV coming to Australia?
YouTube does not have any plans to expand. But you can use a premium VPN to access the streaming site.
Is YouTube TV a good deal?
If you are looking for the best cord-cutting option, then YouTube TV is your best bet. They are among the most popular live TV streaming services with over 90 channels and a DVR option.
What VPN works with YouTube TV?
Many premium VPNs work with YouTube TV. We suggest ExpressVPN.
How can I watch Freeview YouTube TV in Australia?
No, you cannot get it on YouTube TV in Australia. You will have to buy it separately.
Is YouTube TV available internationally?
No, YouTube TV is not available outside the US. But you can use a premium VPN to bypass this geo-restriction.
Summing it up, YouTube TV is a popular option for people who wish to cut the cord. But unfortunately, it is only available in the US.
It may seem like a nuisance, but a premium VPN makes this issue seem non-existent. So, we hope that with the help of this guide on how to watch YouTube TV in Australia, you can stream your favorite shows without any hassle.