Table of Content
- 1 How to Watch YouTube TV in UK
- 2 Video Tutorial – How to Watch YouTube TV in UK with a VPN
- 3 Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch YouTube TV in UK?
- 4 [Brief Overview] – Best VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in UK
- 5 What is YouTube TV? Why YouTube TV is Geo-Restricted in the UK?
- 6 3 Best VPNs for YouTube TV in the UK [September 2022]
- 7 How to Choose the Best VPN for YouTube TV in UK?
- 8 Should I use a free VPN to Watch YouTube TV in UK?
- 9 How Much Does YouTube TV Cost in UK?
- 10 How to Sign-up YouTube TV in UK
- 11 Do I need to pay extra for the YouTube TV add-ons in the UK?
- 12 How to Cancel a YouTube TV Subscription
- 13 What Devices are Compatible with YouTube TV?
- 14 List of Channels on YouTube TV in UK
- 15 What to do if YouTube TV Not Working with a VPN (Quick Fixes)
- 16 How to fix YouTube TV VPN/proxy detected error
- 17 How do I spoof my location on YouTube TV?
- 18 YouTube TV Alternatives in UK
- 19 What to watch on YouTube TV in UK?
- 20 How to Change Location on YouTube TV from Wherever You Are
- 21 Which countries is YouTube TV available?
- 22 FAQs on YouTube TV in UK
- 23 Wrapping Up
Is YouTube TV available in UK? No YouTube TV is not available in UK, but now you can access YouTube TV in UK with the help of a premium VPN.
But how can a VPN unblock YouTube TV? That is a secret that we have explained in this blog. Keep reading, and you might learn more about YouTube TV than you initially thought. So, let’s start! Shall we?
Video Tutorial – How to Watch YouTube TV in UK with a VPN
Why Do You Need a VPN to Watch YouTube TV in UK?
Does YouTube TV work in UK? YouTube TV is a geo-restricted platform, available only to the US residents. Hence, when you open the streaming site in the UK, this is what you will encounter;
It looks like you’re outside of the United States. YouTube TV is only available in the US.
Now, we can debate how annoying this is for a binge-watcher, or we can get to the solution straight away. Yes, we prefer the latter too!
The easiest fix is to get a premium VPN!
It can help you spoof your location and trick the streaming site’s IP tracking system into thinking you are in the US.
Therefore, through a no-wait connect button of the VPN, you can get through the platform without any hassle.
[Brief Overview] – Best VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in UK
- ExpressVPN: This is the fastest VPN for a buffer-free streaming experience. You can easily access 3000+ servers from 94 countries and 20+ location servers in the US. Its 1-year plan also comes with a special discount, cutting the price to $6.67/month. Also, you get 3 extra months free on the purchase and a 30-day money-back guarantee!
- Surfshark: is the best cheap VPN to help with a tight budget. Without any difficulty, you can access 3200+ servers globally, including 20+ location servers in the US. In addition, a huge discount is up to grab on its 2-year plan, making the price $2.30 per month. Most of all, you get 2 months for free and a 30-day refund policy!
- NordVPN: It is a secure VPN for reliable streaming. Get access to 5000+ global servers, including 1970+ location servers in the US. As for the subscription plan, you can get a 70% off on its 2-year plan. This will reduce the price to a favorable rate of only $3.49 per month! Moreover, get a 30-day money-back guarantee on the purchase.
What is YouTube TV? Why YouTube TV is Geo-Restricted in the UK?
YouTube TV is a live streaming service that emerged as a great alternative for cord-cutters.
It offers more than 90 channels for its users that range from exciting live shows, blockbuster movies to the recent TV shows that are gracing everyone’s screens!
It may seem like you are subscribing to a live cable service but it is far better.
You can record the shows you wish to stream later which will be in your list for the next 90 days. However, you will need an internet connection to watch your downloads.
There is another big con; you cannot access YouTube TV outside US because it follows strict content distribution policies. But that doesn’t mean you cannot watch it in the UK.
There is one simple solution; using a premium VPN.
3 Best VPNs for YouTube TV in the UK [September 2022]
What is the best VPN for YouTube TV? The answer could bring up a debate.
So, we decided to stick with the facts. After thorough testing, the following three VPNs stood out due to different performance parameters. Check them out to find your favorite pick.
How to Choose the Best VPN for YouTube TV in UK?
How would I know which VPN is the best?
True. That is why we decided to put up a list of the must-haves in a VPN so you can pick your own perfectly compatible VPN.
Security and Features
The best VPN must provide a secure streaming experience. And one of the important features of reliable streaming is military-grade encryption.
It should encrypt the data of your website activity and make your online profile anonymous. So, there are no threats on your trail.
No. of Servers
A key feature of the best VPN is a network of large servers. When a VPN spreads worldwide, it allows you to have an endless streaming experience with no interruptions. How?
Because you can always connect to a different server in case one doesn’t work.
Moreover, it gives you access to stream other popular streaming sites around the world. So, your binge-watch will always have another show on the list.
The capability of Unblocking YouTube TV
YouTube TV is a popular streaming site that holds a strong firewall.
Unfortunately, bypassing that barrier is difficult, especially with a free VPN. Hence, it would help if you bought a premium VPN that has the power to unblock YouTube TV.
It should also help you stream YouTube TV at a fast pace without any interruptions.
Should I use a free VPN to Watch YouTube TV in UK?
If you use a free VPN, many security loopholes will corner you. For example, news has claimed that a free VPN tracks your website activity and steals your personal information. Moreover, some VPNs have sold users’ confidential data to third parties.
So, we will not recommend using a free VPN to our readers.
How Much Does YouTube TV Cost in UK?
YouTube TV is only available in the US. But with a VPN, you can get a subscription in UK. As for its plan, the package costs $64.99 (49.56 Pounds). Here are the features you can expect from the plan;
- 6 users access the account at the same time.
- 90+ channels on YouTube TV.
- On-demand shows and movies.
- Cloud DVR up to 3 devices.
- Live TV services.
How to Sign-up YouTube TV in UK
You can get the VPN and access the streaming site. But how to sign up on YouTube TV if it only accepts US payments?
That’s easy! We have not one, but three different alternate options that you can try. Check them out!
US Credit Card
This option is the simplest out of the three, but you would need a friend in the US to make it happen.
Request your US friend to lend you their debit card details which you can use to pay for the subscription. Or you can ask them to pay on your behalf.
- Go to the Entropay service and create your virtual card.
- Set up a PayPal account and transfer the necessary funds.
- Pay for the YouTube TV subscription.
- You are all set to stream!
Google-Play Gift Cards
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and connect with the US server.
- Get a gift card from Google Play.
- Copy the code you receive on your email address.
- Sign up for a YouTube TV account.
- Paste the code in the billing information.
- You are all set up with the YouTube TV account.
Create US Gmail Account?
- Create a new Gmail account.
- Select the United States as your country of origin.
- Confirm the account through your phone number.
- You can now sign up on YouTube TV using this US email address.
Do I need to pay extra for the YouTube TV add-ons in the UK?
Yes, there are different add-ons available that you can only get if you pay a monthly price.
The basic plan is priced at $64.99 and comes with 90+ channels. Some of the premium add-ons are mentioned below;
- AMC+ ($7/month)
- Comedy Dynamics ($5/month)
- CuriosityStream ($3/month)
- Docurama ($5/month)
- EPIX ($6/month)
- Fox Nation ($6/month)
- Hallmark Movies Now ($6/month)
- HBO ($15/month)
- HBO Max ($15)
- Law & Crime ($2/month)
- NBA League Pass ($40/month)
- Screambox ($5/month)
- STARZ ($9/month)
- Showtime ($11/month)
- UPFaith & Family ($6/month)
- WE tv+ ($6/month)
How to Cancel a YouTube TV Subscription
Are you tired of YouTube TV?
Don’t worry; you are only human and can get bored of the media list. So, we won’t judge you if you cancel the subscription.
Similarly, you can rejoin any time too!
Here is how to end your YouTube TV account;
- Open the YouTube TV application or head to its website.
- Click on your profile photo/avatar.
- Go to Settings > Membership > Manage.
- Click on the Cancel membership option.
- Then tap on Cancel to confirm the process.
What Devices are Compatible with YouTube TV?
For PC Users
1. Download and install a premium VPN on your computer. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
2. Connect to a US-based server.
3. Go to the YouTube TV website and sign up for an account or log in.
4. If you’re still having trouble watching YouTube TV, delete your cookies and cache before logging in.
For Android Users
1. Download and Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
2. Connect to a server in the United States.
3. Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
4. Look for the YouTube TV app in the Play Store.
5. Download it and sign up for a free account.
6. YouTube TV is now available on your Android device.
For Amazon Fire Stick Users
1. Search for the compatible VPN option on your Amazon App store. (We would recommend ExpressVPN for this).
2. Download & set up a VPN on your Amazon Fire device.
3. Look for the US server and connect with it.
4. Sign in to YouTube TV and enjoy streaming the YouTube TV.
For PlayStation Users
1. Get VPN that is compatible with your router.
2. Set up a VPN and connect it with your router.
3. Download YouTube TV on your console.
4. Make sure that your device is connected with Wi-Fi.
5. Sign in to watch top-notch US content.
For Xbox Devices Users
1. Download a premium quality VPN we recommend ExpressVPN.
2. Setup VPN connection on your Router.
3.Go to the Xbox menu, and choose “My games & apps.”
4. Look for “YouTube TV” in the “Xbox Store.”
5. Now click the “Install” button.
6. And enjoy YouTube TV streaming.
For iOS (iPhone/iPad) User
1. Start by changing your Apple ID region to America in Settings > Network.
2. Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
3. Connect to a server in the US.
4. Look for YouTube TV in the Apple App Store.
5. Download the app and sign in to your account to start streaming YouTube TV.
For Windows Users
1. First of all, download a VPN on your windows.
2. Then, Get into the installation process to set up a VPN.
3. Find the appropriate US server.
4. Log in to YouTube TV and start watching a load of US content.
For Roku Users
1. Install ExpressVPN and register your account.
2. Connect it with your Wi-Fi router.
3. Connect VPN to a US server.
4. Open Roku and set it up on your TV.
5. Go to your device, select YouTube TV on the Roku home screen, and enjoy YouTube TV streaming.
For Smart TV Users
1. Download a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
2. Connect to a US-based server.
3. Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
4. Connect it to your VPN network.
5. Download the YouTube TV app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start streaming.
List of Channels on YouTube TV in UK
- Adult Swim
- Animal Planet
- BBC World News
- CBS Sports
- CNBC World
- Cartoon Network
- Cheddar Big News
- Cheddar Business
- Cheddar News
- Comedy Central
- Cozi TV
- Disney Junior
- Disney XD
- FOX Business
- FOX News Channel
- Food Network
- Fox Sports
- Golf Channel
- Investigation Discovery
- Local Now
- MLB Game of the week
- MLB Network
- NBA TV
- NBC Sports
- NBC Universo
- NFL Network
- NatGeo Wild
- National Geographic
- Paramount Network
- Olympics Channel
- Orlando City
- SEC ESPN Network
- Smithsonian Channel
- Sounders FC
- The CW
- Travel Channel
- TV Land
- Universal Kids
- WE TV
- YouTube Originals
What to do if YouTube TV Not Working with a VPN (Quick Fixes)
Sometimes, VPNs may not work. But since it is technology, that is expected. You can try out these quick fixes for an instant solution;
Cookies can fill up your storage and disrupt your streaming experience. You can clear them from the settings to allow the VPN to work again.
Try Connecting to Different Server
A server may not work due to certain technical glitches. Try switching to another server to continue your streaming.
Contact Live Chat Support
If the issue persists and none of the options help, try contacting the customer support of the VPN. They will troubleshoot any bug that you may face.
How to fix YouTube TV VPN/proxy detected error
A proxy error pops up when the streaming site recognizes the VPN you are using. This happens when you employ a free VPN or an incompatible VPN.
If it happens, either use a premium VPN or follow these steps;
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Install the application and log in with your credentials.
- Connect to the desired country’s server whose library you wish to stream.
- Clear the cache.
- Continue streaming.
Read this for more information about YouTube TV VPN Proxy detected Error.
How do I spoof my location on YouTube TV?
The best way to fake your location is to use a premium VPN.
Your IP address leaves clues leading to the country you are currently living in. And YouTube TV has an efficient tracking system that can instantly find your location.
But with a VPN, you can select any server and change your region to any desired place. As a result, the VPN bounces off your location and tricks YouTube TV into thinking you are not an intruder.
YouTube TV Alternatives in UK
- Hulu + Live TV
- Sling TV
- DirecTV Stream
- Apple TV
- BBC iPlayer
What to watch on YouTube TV in UK?
What’s good on YouTube TV? A lot, and you can get a peek by scrolling through these popular suggestions. Pick one and start streaming right away!
Popular YouTube TV Shows
- The Bachelor
- Wheel of Fortune
- This Is US
- Daytime Jeopardy
- Shark Tank
- Big Bang Theory
- The Office
- Law and Order
- The Equalizer
- Modern Family
- Cobra Kai
- Best Shot
- BTS: Burn the Stage
- Mind Field
- Liza on Demand
- The Outsider
- Jurassic World
- Saturday Night Live
- The Simpsons
- America’s Got Talent
- Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Shark Tank
- Doctor Who
- Top Chef
Live Sports Events streaming on YouTube TV
Are you a fan of live sports? Glad that you found us! On YouTube TV, you can stream all kinds of live and engaging sports.
A popular option is the MBL live games for a thrilling action on baseball. Others include WWE Monday Night RAW, NBA Countdown, NFL Live, Formula One, Total Bellas, Golf Central, American Ninja Warrior, and others.
So, get a VPN and cheer on your favorite team by streaming YouTube TV in UK.
How to Change Location on YouTube TV from Wherever You Are
With a premium VPN, you can change your location to the US. As a result, you can stream YouTube TV from anywhere!
FAQs on YouTube TV in UK
Is YouTube TV Available in the UK?
No, YouTube TV is only available in the US. But you can access it in the UK through a premium VPN.
Can I use YouTube TV in two locations?
Yes, You can use YouTube TV on three different devices from three other locations. But if you are using it outside the US, you will need a VPN.
Is YouTube TV free in the UK?
No, YouTube TV is not free and is only available in the US. To get it in the UK, you will need a premium VPN and buy the YouTube TV subscription for $64.99.
Is it legal to use VPN for YouTube TV?
Yes, it is legal to use a VPN to stream YouTube TV. However, some countries have restrictions, so check your government’s regulations.
Do you need a TV license to watch YouTube TV live?
It depends upon the country you live in. For example, the UK has a policy where you need a TV license even if you are streaming on YouTube TV.
How do I know my YouTube TV VPN was successful?
You will get through the streaming site, and a media hub will prop open before you.
Summing it up, YouTube TV is a popular streaming site and adored by many. However, not all binge-watchers can access it because it is only available in the US.
Hence, your best bet is to use a premium VPN to bypass this geo-restriction barrier. We hope that this guide on how to watch YouTube TV in UK has been of help to you!